Friday, September 01, 2006

Only 10 days to go

Well, it's 1st September and we leave on the 10th, so only 10 days to go. The last few weeks have been very busy, and I'm still nowhere near prepared for going away for 3 months. So the weekend will be a mixture of writing lists, shopping, cleaning the house and tidying the garden, with the odd bit of work in-between. And probably emailing Jill, who is far more prepared than I am and seems to have practically packed already. Fortunately I am fairly laid-back so I probably won't start panicking about packing until next Friday night, at which point I'll probably remember there was something vital I should have done which I now don't have time to do.

Anyway, we will jointly tell you more about what we'll be doing in Nagarkot (which is where we're going) when we get there and have had more chance to discuss it with the people there. All I can say at the moment is that we will be working in two schools, but doing what exactly remains to be seen.

What I did want to do in this post, however, is to say a few thanks to those who've helped me along the way so far:

  • Jill - for having the idea and seeing it through
  • Semanta and Bhakta - for their ideas and enthusiasm
  • My family - for their love and support
  • My friends - ditto - and for nudging me along
  • Rob Hepworth - for invaluable coaching and support
  • My friends on the TESOL course at SHU and the staff - I'd do it again with you all any day
  • The MI and Decision Support Team at Ufi for taking over the reins whilst I'm away
  • Ufi learndirect - for letting me take a leave of absence for 3 months
  • Tricia for looking after the house
  • The distribution team at Ufi learndirect - for giving me some goodies to take with me
And if I've forgotten anyone then I apologise profusely and thank you.

More soon.

Viv

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home