Monday, September 11, 2006

Now in Nepal


Well, just a brief entry to say that we arrived here safely, the accommodation is great (photos above), the view from my room is stunning, we are being well looked after by Semanta, and there are monsoon showers so everything is a little wet and misty.
We are at the Tibet House Internet Cafe in Nagarkot at the moment drinking ginger tea. Both the cafe and the ginger tea are lovely. The cafe is about an hour's walk up the hill from where we're staying, but I'm sure we'll cut the time down as we get fitter ! The school I'll be teaching in is way at the bottom of the hill about 8 miles away so it will be fine walking there, but I don't think I'll manage to walk it back very often if at all. Still you never know. If I get really fit I might enter myself in one of those Peak Races next year, but somehow I think it's highly unlikely. I'll need to keep doing a lot of walking anyway, as if lunch is anything to go by we are going to be very well fed.
Well, that's all for today. We're hopefully going to visit our respective schools tomorrow, so we'll keep you posted.

Vivienne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home