Saturday, September 16, 2006

Bhaktapur by bus


We could actually see the Himalayas from our room this morning when we got up - great jagged peaks with snow on the top. One day I'll get a proper photograph of them, but normally they're hidden by mist or cloud.

Today we got the bus to Bhaktapur which was an experience in itself and also very cheap - 20p for an hour's journey and people climbing out of the door at the back and clambering onto the roof whilst it was still moving. I guess they're used to it. We also timed the bus trip to my school, which takes about 45 minutes, so I know I have to set off by 8am at the latest if I go by bus, and probably 7am at the latest if I walk, and 8:30 if I drive (Semanta has kindly allowed us to use his car from time to time).

Bhaktapur is a lovely old town which I took many photos of last year when I was here. We're doing a bit of shopping (I've managed to find whiteboard pens) and a bit of emailing, and a bit of just wandering around looking at whatever we feel like. Then it will be back to Nagarkot Cottage to prepare for tomorrow's teaching.

So that's all for today.

Vivienne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home