Monday, October 16, 2006

The grassy knoll....



Outside my classroom window (I use the term window loosely. There is no glass in it) there is a sort of grassy bank. Some of the villagers gather there when I am teaching. There is one old man in particular. He follows me down to school and then back up to the village street again afterwards. He seems to prefer it if we dont overly acknowledge each other. He places himself on the knoll and hums along' keeping time when my class do "Wheels on the bus" (which, incidentally has some little known verses here about goats and chickens, though I couldnt think of a sound for sacks of rice....)

The other windows face into the central courtyard through which children seem to pass according to a system unknown to me. So I usually have an audience at those windows too. Ho Hum and wheels on the bus........

Love,
Jill x

P.S. A couple of pictures. Above left is just part of my walk to school. OK Eh? And on the right my hugely successful attempt at a fewminutes filler which has become a villagewide phenomenon... Colouring in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home